Another release in the extremely popular How to Do Everything series, this friendly, solutions-oriented book is filled with step-by-step explanations of the various techniques needed for opening and publishing all types of documents in a wide range of platforms using Adobe Acrobat. You'll learn to create and index PDFs and share and edit documents over the Internet.
From the Back Cover
Take Adobe Acrobat far beyond reading PDF (Portable Document Format) documents. Learn to harness the power of Adobe Acrobat--and create and publish sophisticated electronic documents you never thought possible. From simple electronic memos to indexed electronic catalogs, Acrobat is the powerful, flexible tool for any electronic publishing task--including projects that require multimedia. Create, enhance, and edit PDF documents, or use the Internet to share working PDF documents for review or mark-up. How To Do Everything with Adobe Acrobat will help you master the many different components and purposes of this premier electronic document sharing software.
- Convert documents to PDF and e-mail
- Capture PDF documents from Web pages, scanners, digital cameras, and more
- Publish--and frequently update--a technical or educational e-book
- Create a linked table of contents or thread of linked articles
- Integrate sound and movie files into your PDF documents to create multimedia presentations
- Accumulate data from users with PDF forms
- Develop a navigation structure with links, PageActions, buttons, and menus
- Share documents--review and add comments in multi-author environments
- Optimize documents for print, Web, or CD-ROM applications
- Index a searchable catalog of PDFs
About the Author
Doug Sahlin is a digital artist, Web site designer and computer book author who lives in Lakeland, Florida. In addition to writing numerous magazine articles on Web design and graphics, he is the author of Carrara 1 Bible and Carrara 1 for Dummies, both from IDG books. He also develops Flash 4 courses for Digital Think.
Product DetailsPaperback: 528 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1 edition (November 26, 2001)