Take advantage of the power, flexibility, and efficiency of one your digital camera—the biggest upgrade in photography since color film. Follow projects using special effects and techniques for editing digital photos using Photoshop Elements and Paint Shop Pro. Plus, learn about new software, new imaging technology, and new buying recommendations.
From the Back Cover
Get the most out of your digital camera and your computer by mastering the art of digital photography. Award-winning photographer and best-selling author Dave Johnson shows you why digital photography is truly the visual recording medium of the future. Learn the essentials of photography including composition, exposure, flash, and lighting. Then, push your camera and your PC's image editing software to the limits by editing images, adding creative effects, working with file formats, incorporating images into photo projects, prints, and the Internet, and more. How To Do Everything with Your Digital Camera has everything you need to make you a success with your digital camera!
- Discover the immediacy and versatility of digital imaging
- Bring your digital vision to life while mastering the essentials of good photography
- Use professional darkroom techniques without wasting chemicals, paper, film, or time
- Share pictures through e-mail, the Internet, CD, television slideshows, and more
- Make stunning photo-quality prints with your inkjet printer
- Troubleshoot and maintain your digital camera
- Organize and archive your favorite photos in digital storage media
- Explore advanced techniques including time-lapse, motion, virtual reality, and panoramic photography
Dave Johnson is an accomplished photographer in both analog and digital mediums, as well as an amateur musician and music fanatic. As Senior Editor at Planet IT, Dave covers topics like handheld computing, portables, wireless, and imaging technologies. Dave has written for magazines like Home Office Computing, Windows Magazine, Family PC, and Digital Camera, and his 14 books include How To Use Digital Video and the best-selling How to Do Everything with Your Palm Handheld (nearly 35,000 copies sold).
Product DetailsPaperback: 416 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 3 edition (November 3, 2003)