Wow! This great guide is packed with juicy tidbits on cameras and video techniques. Get updates on new camera models, new software, new imaging technology, and new buying recommendations. Learn tips and techniques for taking great pictures whether you're a beginner or a pro. Includes new projects, special effects and techniques for editing and using digital photos.
From the Back Cover
Whether you aspire to produce award-winning documentaries, shoot a television commercial for your business, capture the kids for all eternity, or just whittle your Hawaiian-vacation video to a tolerable length, you've come to the right book. With technical savvy and user-friendly language, authors Dave Johnson, Todd Stauffer, and Rick Broida show you the essentials of operating digital camcorders and using software to perform remarkable feats of moviemaking. You don't need a Titanic-sized budget, a degree in film production, or even a lot of technical know-how. You just need a camcorder, a computer, some video editing software, and a copy of How to Do Everything with Your Digital Video Camcorder.
- Capture beautiful digital video
- Find the right video editing software for Windows or Macintosh
- Prepare your computer for digital video production
- Convert existing analog video for use in your computer's video editor
- Grab still images and animate stills with pans and zooms
- Trim and reposition your clips, split scenes, and add transitions and visual effects
- Learn professional techniques to modify your shots and improve visual interest
- Add sound effects and a soundtrack to your movie
- Show off your production by exporting to many popular formats, including DVD, StudioOnline, and QuickTime
About the authors:
Dave Johnson is the author of the best-selling How to Do Everything with Your Digital Camera and three-dozen other books. He writes for PC World magazine and is editor of Mobility Magazine.
Todd Stauffer is the best-selling author of all three editions of How to Do Everything with Your iMac, the author of Get Creative! The Digital Video Idea Book, and the originator of the How to Do Everything series. He's also worked as a cable television host, writer, and producer.
Rick Broida is the author of several How to Do Everything series titles, including How to Do Everything with Your GPS. He is also the founder and editor of Handheld Computing, a magazine for users of PDAs, MP3 players, digital cameras, and other handheld devices.
Product DetailsPaperback: 464 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1 edition (December 9, 2003)