Get small with your new Tablet PC. Electronics expert Bill Mann provides details on getting the most from the latest advancement in portable computing, plus shows you how to connect with, and use, peripherals such as printers, fax machines, cameras, and scanners.
From the Back Cover
Explore the capabilities and benefits of your Tablet PC hardware and software with help from this easy-to-understand guide. Get a thorough run-through of your new device, as well as the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition operating system that runs on it. Once you've become familiar with the hardware and software features, follow helpful chapters that reveal step-by-step how to configure your device, connect with the Internet, run on a network, and even go wireless. You'll put your Tablet PC to work using accessories, running multimedia applications, playing games, writing with Ink, and much more. Plus--get plenty of troubleshooting techniques and advice.
- Examine your Tablet PC hardware
- Use the pen as a control device and text entry tool
- Draw pictures and play games on the screen
- Import your old files and settings
- Create user accounts to accommodate multiple users
- Connect to printers, faxes, scanners, digital cameras, and other peripherals
- Understand Tablet PC digital ink and handwriting recognition
- Use handwriting in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents
- Use backup and system restore features to protect all your data
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
Product DetailsPaperback: 448 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1 edition (March 26, 2003)