Scan this book! Or, read it cover-to-cover. Either way, you’ll learn which scanner to purchase to suite your needs, important technical information about pixels and digital images, installation and calibration tips, and plenty of tricks to make scanning easier and more effective. Written for both PC and Mac users.
From the Back Cover
Discover all the basics about your scanner, then put it to work with help from this step-by-step resource. Author Dave Huss looks at how and why scanning works, and examines many ways you can maximize the scanner you already own. Learn to use all your scanner's features. Explore graphic concepts including color correction, resolution, and image optimizing--plus, repair and preserve scanned documents, and more. How to Do Everything with Your Scanner is filled with projects, resources, ideas, and simple instructions to help you get the most from your scanner for home or business use.
- Set up and maintain a scanner for optimal use
- Discover the best scanner, peripherals, and applications for your needs
- Optimize hardware to achieve the best possible scans
- Organize and share files and images online
- Correct and enhance your scanned images
- Use your scanner to preserve and restore family heirlooms
- Scan photos for placement on the Web or to send through email
- Maximize home office tools such as OCR and paper document management
- Learn to use popular photo editors to maximize your scanner experience
Dave Huss (Austin, TX) is a graphics and desktop publishing consultant for several Fortune 100 companies and a regular speaker at Corel Seminars both in the U.S. and Europe. He's the author of 9 books about computer graphics--mostly about Corel PHOTO-PAINT. Dave contributes original images regularly to Corel's World Design Contest, and in 1997 was a Grand Prize Winner. He writes a regular column for i/us.com, which is rapidly becoming the premiere resource for graphics content, community and software where branded products from Corel, Macromedia, and Ulead sell alongside unique downloads from small companies with innovative products unavailable anywhere else.
Product DetailsPaperback: 320 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 2 edition (April 2, 2003)