Friday, February 13, 2009

Perfect Harmony (the faith hill & tim McGraw story) @ rm20


This book is an unauthorized biography on country music stars Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. It's laid out in three parts, one on Tim, one on Faith, and one on the two of them as a couple. Included are eight pages of color photos of Tim and Faith, together and separate.

In Tim's section of the book, read about him growing up in Louisiana with a man he knew as dad, and finding out at eleven-years-old that this man was not really his dad. Learn about his first meeting with his biological dad, Frank Edwin "Tug" McGraw, how Tim learned to play guitar, his interest in music, and his musical heroes.

In Faith's section of the book, read about her birth and adoption by parents Edna and Ted Perry in the tiny town of Star, Mississippi. Read about her love of singing, especially in church, her move to Nashville, her marriage and divorce from publishing executive Daniel Hill, her relationship with Capitol Nashville head, Scott Hendricks, and finally losing her heart to Tim while on the Spontaneous Combustion Tour.

And finally, Tim and Faith are together. Read about Tim's proposal and their fairy tale romance that continues today.

Some of my favorite parts of the book would have to be the small quotes that are either from Faith or Tim, or others remarking on them. Here are a couple of examples:

"I have no idea why I thought I could be a country singer, other than I couldn't do anything else. I learn fast. That's probably my biggest asset." -- Tim McGraw
"Then there are fans that write me letters and give them to me at the show. I read them when I get back on the bus. It's changed my life." -- Faith Hill
"Betty told me, 'Tug, it's time for you to get involved in this one way or another.' And so I did." -- Tug McGraw
"I'm sure glad I got that blonde to sing with me on that." -- Tim McGraw
This book was fun to read, and hard to put down. It's interesting without being "gossipy," and you come away thinking you know people just like Faith and Tim, they're so down to earth. New and seasoned fans alike will enjoy reading this book.

The author, Scott Gray is a musician and non-fiction writer. He's written other books on Shania Twain, and Jewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment