Enhance your iPod experience with the new edition of this popular how-to guide. The author discusses new features of the newly released iPods—up to 10, 000 songs with the increased capacity—including features for Windows users such as iTunes for Windows, EphPod, and XPlay. In addition to learning the basics of operating this easy-to-use portable music source, like where to get and how to organize your music, find out what fun accessories are now available, for instance a downloadable movie database, a calendar program, and much more.
Take your iPod or iPod mini to the limit by using it not only for music, but also to track your appointments, carry your contacts and notes, and back up your data files—you can even boot your Mac with your iPod. Updated to cover the latest iPods, including the iPod mini, this second edition helps you get the most from these powerful devices. You’ll learn to load your iPod with songs and data, use your iPod as a portable hard disk, and keep your iPod working smoothly—all in clearly explained, step-by-step instructions.
- Connect your iPod or iPod mini to your Mac or PC
- Configure iTunes to create the highest-quality music files possible
- Rip and encode music from CDs, records, cassettes, or other sources
- Learn how AAC and MP3 work, and understand digital rights management (DRM)
- Cram more songs onto your iPod than you can fit onto your hard drive
- Use your iPod as a portable backup device for vital documents
- Boot your Mac from your iPod
- Buy songs from the iTunes Music Store and other online music services
- Put notes, news, directions, and other text on your iPod or iPod mini
- Play music through your car stereo, home stereo, or computer
- Keep your iPod up-to-date and maximize its battery life
- Troubleshoot any iPod, iPod mini, or iTunes problems
About the Author
Guy Hart-Davis is the author of How to Do Everything with iLife ’04, three books on MP3 and digital audio, and 20 other computer books on subjects as varied as Windows XP, Microsoft Office, and Visual Basic for Applications.
Product DetailsPaperback: 416 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 2 edition (April 27, 2004)